Definition: As a life coach I deal with relatively healthy people who want to improve their lives in specific ways, such as changing careers, finding a healthy relationship, taking their business to a new level, losing weight or deepening their self-understanding. I work on issues of stress management, time management, goal setting and other key areas of change helping my clients lead more balanced lives that better reflect their personal values and priorities. It differs from therapy in that the focus is more on the present and future than the past, more on goals and behaviors than emotions and emotional patterns, and there is a equal balance of power between the coach and client.
I help my clients develop a personal mission for their life, develop visions to support mission. I give my clients the tools to navigate the world as a powerful, clear and compelling communicator of their values and priorities. I help my clients see and experience their own greatness and to see and honor the greatness in others.
Life Coaching is motivational, inspiring, positive, exciting and action driven. Life coaching helps you look at where you are now and where you’d like to be, and helps you bridge the gap. By raising awareness and encouraging you to take responsibility for your life, life coaching can help you rise to your own particular challenge and go further than you ever thought possible.
Does the Life Coach just wave a magic wand and make everything wonderful? Sadly no, and it has to be said, that coaching involves a lot of hard work and commitment.
Benefits of Having a Life Coach:
- Having someone you can discuss your problems and challenges who’ s not going to interrupt you, make judgments, criticize.
- A coach will challenge your limiting assumptions and beliefs, when you are feeling negative and lacking in motivation.
- Life coaching gives you the space and time to think through challenges and options.
- A life coach can be a sounding board for all of your ideas, like your business plan, putting together a successful presentation, starting a new hobby, etc.
- A coach will help you focus by using highly effective exercises to help you identify what you’d like to have, be and do.
- Everything you say will be held in total confidence.
How does coaching work?
Face to face, telephone in prearranged sessions.
The client and coach have a basic agreement as to the issues to be discussed during the coaching timeframe. Each session the coach will be prepared to address the issues agreed upon. Coaching always begins with the end in mind. Using a series of questions, I help my clients define their goals. It is our meetings that the next steps are defined and each time we meet, successes are reviewed and lack of progress is explored. That being said, while I will always have a prepared agenda for the meeting, the client rules�I go where he needs to go on that specific day.
Coaching is not a quick fix proposition.
As a life coach, I know that my clients possess the answer to every question or challenge deep within them, even if those answers appear to be obscured, or hidden inside. My job is to ask the right questions and use the right tools and techniques to empower my clients to find those answers. I teach my clients to connect their head to their heart in a way that transforms passion for dreams into action for life. Coaching is like having a personal trainer for your life.
As a coach it is my intent to:
- Empower my clients to be their personal best in all aspects of their lives.
- Assist my client in bringing his goals to fruition by gently holding him accountable for his actions.
- Challenge my clients to accomplish goals and dreams at an accelerated pace.
- Facilitate my clients ability to find a spiritual perspective in everyday life.
Certified Success Coach
Success Unlimited Network®